How is it June already? I can’t even believe it! Although I’m totally ready for summer fun to begin! All the beautiful flowers and warm weather, it’s hard to stay inside and get anything done these days. V and I were out in search for some pretty flowers for our pictures. We stopped by our local florist, The Floral Shop, to pick up some fresh cut flowers; however, she decided it was a better idea to pick off all the petals before our photos, lol. Oh well, I managed to save one lily.
I actually bought this dress last year, but I’m finding I’m wearing it more this season. Stripes are a huge trend right now and are super fun to wear. Not only do they add some depth to an outfit but also some style. However, the reality is, they can be difficult to wear. Bands than run horizontally undoubtedly add the illusion of size to your frame…..not exactly what women are hoping for!! But if you are like me and love staying on trend here are a few styling tips to wearing stripes.
5 slimming tips for wearing stripes:
- Pair them with wedges or pumps. Height is always our friend ladies! Heels give us an instant butt lift and make us look taller and leaner.
- Pick clothing with small stripe patterns where you want to appear leaner and thicker stripes patterns where you want to appear more voluptuous.
- Choose garments with dark colored stripes. This is a no brainer, black is ultimate slimming color, black stripes included.
- Choose vertical stripes. Bands that run head to toe, will definitely make you appear slimmer.
- Avoid wide horizontal stripe garments all together. They should be banned from the fashion world! They’re unflattering on the woman’s frame.
Hope everyone is having a great week. Happy Friday!
XX Shei Shei